About the FDP . . .
The Friends of the Dymock Poets (FDP) was founded in 1993 to:
- foster an interest in the work of the Dymock poets
- help preserve places and things associated with the Dymock
- keep members informed of literary and other matters relating
to the Dymock poets
- help protect the border countryside of Herefordshire and
- increase knowledge and appreciation of the landscape between
May Hill and the Malvern Hills
We offer our members:
- Dymock Poets and Friends,
an annual journal containing
original archive material together with essays on the Poets which
relate them to the wider poetic context
- a newsletter with information about forthcoming events, new
books and activities
- lectures, poetry readings, social meetings, publications
- guided walks in the countryside of the Dymock poets
- links with other literary societies
- an annual event to commemorate the first meeting between
Edward Thomas and Robert Frost on 6 October 1913, and the founding
of the FDP exactly eighty years later.
The FDP’s officers and committee are:
- President: Kelsey Thornton
- Chairman & Journal Editor: Jeff Cooper
- Secretary: Chris Cooper
- Treasurer: Val Evans
- Membership Secretary & Vice-Chairman: Simon Payton
- Newsletter Editor: John Monks
- Newsletter Assistant: Ray Canham
- Web Site Designer: Neil Maybin
plus Greg Chambers, Barbara Davis, Bob May, Marion Shoard, Richard Simkin, and Jackie Tweedale.
You can contact us by sending an email to
the society’s Chairman, Jeff Cooper.
For queries about this website, please email
the FDP Webmaster, Neil Maybin.
If you would like to join, please visit our membership page.
All the photos on this website were taken by Linda Hart (chairman of the FDP from 1993-2001)
except for that of Little Iddens on the History page which was taken
by Pugh’s Estate Agency of Ledbury
and which is reproduced with their kind permission.